Serving in the Las Vegas Nevada Mission

Monday, May 11, 2015

Happy Mothers Day

I GOT TO TALK TO MY FAMILY!!                                             5/11/2015
I love the gospel because I know that families can be together forever! It lifted my spirit a lot to be able to talk with my family, hear their voice and see their faces! And people ask me all the time if it’s hard to be on a mission because you don’t get to see your family, and it really is, that is the hardest part. I miss them a lot, but that is also a good reminder to me of why I am here, because I am here to teach others how they can be together forever. My family means the world to me, and I am looking forward to Christmas!! (today kinda feels like the day after Christmas....all that anticipation and then it happens and then the next day it’s really sad because you know you have to wait a whole year till next Christmas) But it was so good to see how good everyone is doing! 
This week was fun! We had exchanges and it was a really great opportunity to learn from someone else and see how the taught. We got to volunteer at a race for Hospice; we were the ones who would mark their time when they came across the finish! We got to do all kinds of service this week! We helped out at a Part Members House....who also happens to be a little bit crazy. That was an adventure! But, then right after we got to go and help the sweetest old lady in her garden. 
I also finally met Dan! He lives on the other side of the tracks, in the really sketchy part of town, but he is amazing! He is kind of like our protector, he told us that if anyone ever gives us trouble we need to come get him and he will teach them a lesson :} He lives on a property that the owner has a 400bl pig named Penelope. And in front of their house is a huge sign that says "WE DONT RENT PIGS" its super funny! But Dan is amazing, he wants to get baptized but he is having trouble quitting smoking because every time he tries he gets really sick and ends up in the hospital. He quit drinking and everything else cold turkey and he is so happy about it! Now we just need to get him to church!

Scott and Dyan who are recent converts who are amazing, they are just struggling right now, took in an 18 year old boy named Jr, because his mom went to jail. But he is amazing, he is trying to live a good life unlike is family so he wanted out. We had a lesson with all three of them and he said he would be up to taking the lessons with Scott and Dyan. So on exchanges we had an amazing lesson, it was one of the most spiritual ones I have taught. We talked about the plan of salvation and i ended in tears! Jr and Scott came to church on Sunday too!! I am so excited for them! He is what we call a dry Mormon. He is living it, He just hasn't been baptized yet :)
I love the Gospel! I love the power of prayer! It is amazing and it is what gets me through!! 
I pray for you all daily!

Love,

Sister Loveless

No comments:

Post a Comment