Serving in the Las Vegas Nevada Mission

Monday, March 16, 2015

# 8

Hello all,
Another week in the warm Las Vegas!! In the Warm Springs stake.....and boy is it starting to get warm!
This week was full of firsts for me. I gave my first "training" in our stake missionary meeting. Sister Harrison and I led a discussion of how we can help our members see their role in missionary work. We had the coolest object lesson! Our amazing relief society president went out and bought flashlights for all of the missionaries in the stake for this lesson. We turned of all the lights and handed everyone a flashlight and then told them they could only turn it on if someone shared their light with them. So I started by reading a scripture about light, and that made my testimony "shine" so I turned on my light, then I shared it with my companion who then shared it with one of the missionaries sitting down, and then they shared their light with everyone else. So by the time we were done everyone's light was shining and the whole room was light! It was really cool! The spirit was very strong! 
We had a ton of amazing lessons with week!! We met with the Tenny's a family just coming back to activity, and we were planning on having a lesson about the plan of salvation....but her son in law was in town, he is a strong catholic...and very closed minded. So as we tried to give them a lesson he came in the room and started telling us all why we are wrong and what the "true" meaning of the scriptures are and how we have a fake bible and all this stuff. So after a while of that we decided it was time to excuse ourselves because nothing will be accomplished with the spirit of contention! He later told sister Tenny that he had "schooled us" we knew he thought he had "won" but it doesn't really matter, because I know the truth and I know what I believe and I know that Joseph Smith is a prophet. 
But then right after we had a lesson with my favorite investigator, EDVIN! His lesson was amazing!!! It was the most spiritual lesson I have ever been a part of! Edvin and Lucy are amazing!!! Their faith is so strong because of the things that they have been through! I can’t wait to see his be baptized, and their goal is to go to the temple a year from now, so hopefully I will be able to be there for that too!
The other first's that happened this week were dropping......We had to "drop" one of our golden investigators, David. We had another lesson with him with a young couple from our ward and it was a good lesson, but the whole time the spirit was whispering to me that he was not ready. He loves the spirit and the gospel but he doesn't accept the church as a whole, he isn’t changing at all. We all came out of the lesson feeling that way. I think one day he will be ready and he will remember everything we taught him and it will finally click, it’s just not the time now. So we will continue to invite him to things, but unless he asks to have us come over we won’t be meeting with him anymore :( because we are on the Lord's time and I know that there will be someone else who we need to focus our time on. We also go dropped by an investigator that same day....Bob told us he is happy for us but he doesn't want to take the lessons, he is fine where he is at. ( it feels like I dumped someone and got dumped all in the same day...ahahah)

Antoinette is moving!! Her husband needs surgery, so she is moving out to Texas to be with him. We are happy for her though, she still want to meet with the missionaries, so we will send the missionaries there her info, and hopefully she will keep taking lessons!
But Wendi!! She is doing amazing!! She told us her full story, the day before we came over she was getting ready to kill herself. She had given up, and she was tired of being in so much pain all the time! But she decided before she did that that she would try one last, thing. She went onto Lds.org to the chat section, and said "I need strong LDS friends" so a girl responded, they started talking, and then she sent in Wendi's information to have the missionaries come. And we showed up the next day. She has changed so much from that first day, she has a light about her and she is happy again! She started reading the Book of Mormon from the beginning 3 days ago, and she is already in Jacob!! That’s almost half way through! AND she told us that on Saturday when we met with her he husband (Robert, who fell away from the church right after getting baptized years ago) was listening in on our lesson and he asked if we could come over for dinner on night and stay after so he could talk with us!! I can’t help but smile! Wendi was about ready to cry! We are so excited!! 
And now it’s time for another week! I pray we will be able to find more people to teach to make up for all the people we lost this week!
With Love,
Sister Loveless

(I’ll send pictures next week....I left my camera at home..)

No comments:

Post a Comment