Serving in the Las Vegas Nevada Mission

Monday, April 6, 2015

# 9 It’s a great day to be alive!

                                                                   

 

3-23-2015
What a great week!!! I feel like I’m running a race with no finish line! And I love it! I have learned and grown so much in the short time I have been a missionary. I can’t even believe it! This week has been one of growth and learning, the Lord stretches us to make us more flexible during hard times :) 
It's funny to me how much the world has changed from when I was a child to right now, this is a time and age of change, if you think about it, no other generation has gone through so much change in such a short amount of time. I mean look at my parent’s generation (I love you mom and dad) when they were growing up they didn’t even have a TV, or cell phones, or any of this crazy stuff, everything was simple. And now in this era, in the space of just 20-30 years we have totally changed our way of life, and with that we have lost some of the most important things. Like the importance of family, and God, trust, independence. The world is a crazy place. And that’s why I am so thankful that my parents taught me to live in the world but not of the world. And to give of all we had to those who are less fortunate, do secret acts of kindness and love one another. I am so eternally grateful for all the amazing lessons I was taught to help me become who I am today and to be able to live in this world but not be effected by all of the horrible things going on. The world is going to get a lot worse before it gets better. So strengthen your faith, learn of the eternal things. Because we will only be able to take our experiences, our knowledge and our relationships with us after this life. The adversary has done an amazing job trying to convince that what "really matters" in life is; our job, our car, our money, our clothes. What's going to happen if someone takes all of that away? What will we have to show for ourselves? Those are material things. We need to focus on the eternal things in life! That is what is “Most Important”. 
Okay I will get off my soap box now. But I have such a testimony that there is so much more to life, if we are willing to put in the work to find it!
This week I had the "blessing" of speaking in church. (I’m kidding, yes it really was a blessing, and I learned so much) I spoke on Christ and His suffering. It was amazing to study that more. 
We helped 3 of our investigators move out this week! Talk about sad! Antionette moved to Texas, we helped her pack everything up and get it all moved out! Then we helped Kathy and her family move out of their house (they were new investigators that were friends of the Downer's in our ward). WE did tons of service this week, it was really fun. We met a guy on the street named Joe who was pulling weeds and we stopped and helped him for an hour, and he said he would love to come to church with us. He was so nice. That same day we went and helped Wendi clean, because of all her health she can’t really do much on her own. So we were able to make a good dent with that! 

We had a really cool experience on Tuesday night while we were headed to go visit a less active in our ward. We were walking down the sidewalk at about 8pm, so it was dark, and we saw this guy working on his can in his driveway. So we went up to him and introduced ourselves. His name is Joe (not to be confused with the other Joe we met pulling weeds) To be completely honest, I’m not sure what happened next, but the next thing I knew we were talking about trails and all the hard things he went through in life, and then we found out he had a friend and her daughter living in his house who are inactive members of the church. He took them in because they had nowhere else to go. The daughter has struggled with drugs, and he paid for her to go through rehab. He said he wants us to come by and visit lots, it would be really good for everyone, he's not a member of the church, but he really wants us to come and help the girls. And he said that he would love to listen and learn too. We talked with him and the daughter Brittaney, for a good hour or so. 
I got to go to the Temple on Saturday!!!! One of the cute old couples in our ward got sealed in the temple this weekend, and we got special permission to go! It was such a blessing! I love the temple to much!
Our ward put on a really cool even for Easter. It was called "the Last Supper Fireside" It was so cool!!!! It was all about the Jewish beliefs, and the symbolism of the last supper in the bible. They made the food and everything, it was a really amazing experience. And then they took it one step further, and explained how the book of Mormon fills in all the rest of what the Jewish faith didn’t have the answers to. It was a really spiritual experience! 
I love the gospel! I don’t know where I would be without it! Strengthen your faith, and trust in God! He knows what you need, let him be your strength and your guide! Remember...do you want to choose that path that is best for you, or the path that you think is best? 

I love you all! And I testify that the fullness of the gospel has been restored on earth once more, it is the same church that Christ established during his ministry!
I love you!
Love,    Sister Loveless

These pics are from our District Meeting last month.  "GOT LIGHT"

No comments:

Post a Comment