Serving in the Las Vegas Nevada Mission

Thursday, April 23, 2015

# 11 Transfer Time! April 13, 2015

Well it's that time. Transfer time! Today I just finished my second transfer in the mission, I finished my 12 week training and I am no longer a "greeny" or new missionary! 
We found out about transfers on Saturday morning, we get a piece of paper that us missionaries like to call "Transfer Doctrine" because it tell you, your fate!
My District
Sister Harrison and I had a feeling we would be getting transferred. And low and behold we are BOTH leaving and Elders will be coming into replace us. It’s crazy!! We had just replaced Elders, and we are the only Sister Missionaries both of our wards have had in over 10 years! And now they are back to Elders! 





The Duanes


Sister Harrison will be a Sister Training Leader for her last transfer. And I will be going........OUT OF VALLEY! I'm headed to the very tip of the mission. I’m going to Kingman Arizona! We joke and like to say that they didn't like our companionship so they split us up by states!
The Truman Family
But everyone I have talked to says they LOVE serving out of valley! It's more of a country feel and everything is a little slower pace. And I am excited! I am sure that I am going to LOVE it! It will be a nice change. And it will be so different to not see the strip right across the freeway. I will be out in the middle of nowhere! 

This week has been great! We got to visit a lot of Less Active members in the wards. Most of our investigators canceled on us, but I think it worked out for the best, the Elders coming in will be able to start fresh with lots of appointments this coming week. We have spent the past 2 days preparing the area for the Elders to come in and make a smooth transition. 
Wendi

Wendi & Robert
Wendi found out we were leaving and couldn’t stop crying! We had the blessing of being able to go over to their house for dinner on Sunday and talk with her and Robert about the importance of the gospel, and how going back to church will truly bless their lives!! I love being able to invite people to come to Christ. It is the most rewarding thing I have ever done. 
I feel so blessed to be here, I have learned so much in such a short amount of time. My life has truly been changed! I have formed relationships with people that I will never forget! I will treasure these past 3 months the rest of my life, I have learned so much about myself, and the gospel! I have seen the Lord's hand work in people’s lives in ways that I could have never imagined! I am so blessed! I am so happy!! 
Bishop Whipple & Famly
I am excited to start the next chapter of my mission! 
Sorry it's short, I have to go pack and get ready to catch the Van out to Arizona Tomorrow morning, and meet my new companion!
Love,
Us with  Antionet
Sister Loveless

No comments:

Post a Comment