Serving in the Las Vegas Nevada Mission

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Time To Rise!

Well the time has come its 12:02am which means its January 7th 2015. The Day I report to the Missionary Training Center. I cant believe how quickly the time has flown, it seems like just yesterday I was opening my mission call in Orlando Florida. And now I'm here in Utah curled up on my grandmas couch the night before the rest of my life begins. I've got all sorts of feelings that I don't really know what to do with, and that 'aint all I've got....I also have a cold that would give jack frost a run for his money! But setting aside the fact that I sound like I smoke 50 packs a day, and my head feels like it might actually blow up....I am excited! I'm excited to see what the Lord has in store for me.
I guess I have been waiting for this day my whole life, even though I may not have realized it. But ever since I was a little girl sitting in church singing primary songs I have been preparing for this. To be honest though I am more than a little bit nervous. Yet at the same time I feel completely calm. I know this will be the greatest experience of my life, and more than likely the hardest. My biggest fear is that I wont be good enough, but as I was sitting in the temple tonight with family all around me I remembered...The Lord qualifies those He calls. So its time to quit worrying and just turn it all over to the big guy upstairs.
Tonight was perfect, I got to go to the Temple with my Uncle Clay, Aunt Rhonda, Josh, My grandparents and my Mom! Then grandpa read to mea about his experience getting ready to serve a mission, and we all sat around while he read some good poems! I love my family!

Now I've gotten all my shots, my suitcases are at the door, I've made my Mother cry.....so I guess there Is nothing left to do but rise up and have faith that Heavenly Father knows what He's doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment