Serving in the Las Vegas Nevada Mission

Monday, August 24, 2015

What a whirlwind! Aug. 17, 2015





This week has been crazy! We found 2 new investigators! We went on
exchanges!! I got to go with Sister Hirsch, she is going home this
transfer :(
We had a full week. After exchanges we headed up to Vegas to stay with
some other sisters for Mid 12 week training for trainers and trainees.
So that was on Thursday. It was amazing, I renewed my dedication as a
trainer. I was able to really look at the things I want to do better.
After the meeting president brought me into his office to talk. We
started taking about Sister Bedont and he wanted to know if I thought
she could train next transfer (mind you training is 12 weeks and I
have only been training her for 6, so she's not even finished being
trained yet) I told him I think she could do it. She is an amazing
missionary and it would be what she needed to help her stretch and
reach her full potential (get her out of her comfort zone) then he
asked me..."so then how are we going to make you stretch?" President
then asked me if I would be willing to be a Sister training Leader
(equivalent to a Zone leader) . Of course I said yes, but I do know
this will be a stretching opportunity for me.


We got the call on Saturday morning about transfers and I found out
will be going to Green Valley/Black Mountin area in Vegas. My companion
will be Sister Browning. I have heard great things about her, she is a
hard worker!! And she served in this ward a few months ago so she will
know a lot of the people I have been working with! So it will be fun!
It will be a great learning experience!
I am excited for Sister Bedont! I am going to be a grandma!!
Saying good bye to the people here has been SO HARD! I have come to
love these people with all my heart! Andy, Anna and Braden have been
the hardest to leave! I feel such a deep connection with them, they
really are family!
They threw me a little good bye party last night where we had ice
cream and got to visit once more before I left!

No comments:

Post a Comment