Serving in the Las Vegas Nevada Mission

Thursday, July 16, 2015

June 15 2015

Hey, it sounds like you all have been having so much fun!!! I wish I could be there, but then again I wish instead you could be here and you could meet all the amazing people I am teaching and who I love! I wish you could meet Mark, he is our recent convert, he is just glowing! He is so happy all the time! He reminds me of a big version of Michael! He took us and Andy,  Anna and Braden all out to lunch today, I wish I had gotten a picture of us all so I could send it home to show you! I really love me mission, I have been trying really hard to focus only on the good things and not let anything or anyone effect my mood in a negative way. Sister Onorato has a countdown, she leaves 3 weeks from today, and she tells me every day. It's been really weird serving my while mission with companions who are just about to leave.  But I can see a huge difference between my first companion and my second, Sister Harrison didn’t want to go, she did everything she could NOT to focus on it and instead just serve, that’s the kind of missionary I want to be. It gets so hot here!! It has been in the 100*s and it’s only going to get hotter from here!! yikes!!
I love you all! 
I am looking forward to transfers and a change, it’s been a rough 2 transfers together, I will most likely be staying here in the area because she is leaving for home. Everyone is predicting that I will be training next transfer, I hear it is one of the hardest and most rewarding things you do as a missionary, so that would be a fun change. I feel like it’s so true, every companion and person and place we are put in, is to help us grow and make changes in our lives, so we can repent and become better. I think the harder you have to work as a companionship, the more you learn, because the Lord wants us to make hard changes and until we are put into the refiner’s fire we may not be willing to make those changes on our own. I pray that by the end of my mission the Lord will have formed me into something far more beautiful than I could have ever imagined before.
These past 2 weeks have been the most amazing ones of my mission, we found  6 new investigators, we taught over 30 lessons these two weeks, and over the past 2 days we had an amazing spiritual experience with Sergio, the young boy who is now set for a baptism date on June 27th!! next Saturday, we are prying he feels he is ready by then! We had a lesson on the restoration and he actually started crying, the spirit was so strong, even though we were sitting outside with a whole bunch of drunken people walking around us. He said that we always make him happy when we come over but he had never felt that amazing and happy as he did that night, He even came to church with us yesterday! We also had an amazing experience with a lady named Nancy; she was a referral we got from the referral system. She was baptized in November and went less active when she moved, then she moved here and someone sent in her information. We went over to her house and knocked on her door and she looked so surprised to see us, then she got a huge smile on her face! As we talked with her she said we could come back next week and get to know her more, but I felt like we needed to invite her to church, so I asked if she would come this Sunday and she said "they told me there was no Mormon church here!!! they lied! Of course I will go, how far is it? I don’t have a car" so apparently someone had told her that we didn’t have a building in Kingman. We arranged a ride and she sat with me at church for all 3 hours. It was a huge miracle, she said that the timing was so amazing, and she felt so welcomed and loved in our ward, everyone came up and said hi to her.. She stopped going to church in her last ward she moved to because she was a new convert and her first Sunday in the ward no one said anything to her, and she had no idea where to go. She is the sweetest in the world, she started smoking again since her baptism so we gotta work on that ;) but I am so excited! It’s been a week full of blessings!!
Enjoy the rainy days! I loved our little rainstorm we had, it made me feel like I had a little piece of home with me!! 
Love your favorite sister missionary!
Sister Loveless



No comments:

Post a Comment